[Dixielandjazz] English

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 13:22:05 PST 2008

Let me be the devil's advocate here.

We all have pet peeves about language (and a lot of other things).

Like someone said "Brits" which pisses a lot of Britons off, as
pointed out by a Briton to me on the list a year or two ago.

And someone said "sucks" the meaning of which has been expanded
woefully these passed few years.

And the French want to purify their language of American words like le
drugstore.

An Americans got all wacked out about "French Fries" a few years ago,
completely forgetting that the French were instrumental in helping us
gain our freedom from the Britons. (Yorktown)

Etc., etc., etc.

My question is simply ;  Like why sweat the small stuff?

Musical Content  "So What?"

Cheers,
Steve Barbone