[Dixielandjazz] Help For Gary Kiser

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 15 06:16:44 PST 2008

"Atlanta Blues" (aka "Make Me One Pallet On Your Floor" was composed (or written down) by
W.C. Handy & Dave Elam in 1923. W.C. Handy also published music, hence his firm may well be
the publisher.
"Ballin' The Jack" is credited to Chris Smith & Jack Burris in 1913 and, hence, would be public domain.
-- as would "Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me" - by  Arthur Swanstone & Charles R. McCarron -1919

(A simplification is that the cutoff year for Pub Domain is 1922. - For more details on this look at
http://www.librarylaw.com/DigitizationTable.htm

(Thank you so much Sonny Bono! )
.
Craig Johnson