[Dixielandjazz] Almost good players

Russ Guarino russguarino at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 13:07:26 PST 2008

The most common problems I find with "almost " musicians is
  problems with intonation.
  problems with keeping rhythm... speeding up but most commonly, slowing down.
  [ I've played with some really good musicians who have a slowing down problem
  especially in small ensembles ].
  Playing too loud, sometimes playing too timidly.
  Can't read.
  unfamiliar with music nomenclature.
  Ego problems, can't not be coached.

Russ Guarino