[Dixielandjazz] Irish Pork

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Wed Dec 10 20:39:06 PST 2008

ROBERT R. CALDER wrote:
> We in the UK have been hearing that some idiotic muddle introduced dioxins in small quantities to pigfeed in the Republic of Ireland, and as a result tons of pork and ham have been taken off sale, and sundry little grumphies (Scots word for the humble Schwein) will have to be slaughtered and their corpses carefully disposed of.  So it was only natural to recoil and hope it's a typo in the weather report from Don Ingle:
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:27:48 -0800
> From: Don Ingle <dingle at nomadinter.net>
> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Snowy Morning Blues to strt a thread
>

>> Well, gang -- we now have over two feet of fresh sow piled up here in my
>> part of North Mchigan.
>>

> You too?

One little typo and Bob wants to make an international incident out of
it.<G>
And don't start on the Scots - even those a few generations removed from
the heather. The Scots have a few words about such as would do so --
fortunately there are nice folks on the list or I would mention a few
Gaelic terms passed on down my family line that would not be nice to
hear so close to the Christmas season.
But have a care -- lest you fall into the typo trap and finding yourself
at the other end. Good gracious!! Miss one "n" and it's flap time in
cyperspace!<G>
Don