[Dixielandjazz] Snowy Morning Blues to strt a thread

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Wed Dec 10 11:27:48 PST 2008

Well, gang -- we now have over two feet of fresh sow piled up here in my
part of North Mchigan. Even farther north they have as much as three to
four, with drifts insome snow belt areas over car tops.
Definitely a time to stay snug indoors until the blizzards pass, and
that eans digging our some sounds to carrry though the shut in hours.
My "challenge" to all is to add some winter-related titles to a
listening list and I will start with James P, Johnson's "Snowy Morning
Blues."
Let's see how many wintry titles we cancomeup swith - especially those
with a more jazz oriented origin. Of course you desert dwellers who may
be snowless, I guess we could allow for "Tumbling Tumbleweeds - but
let's not carry it over to "Mr Sandman." That will make some puke!
Now to dis a path tot he mail box, then make toMt Jimmy Johnson's gem
and others to carry us to the wamrer times.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or whatever season's greeting will lift
you at this time.
Don (I could have stayed in CA but I flunked Spanish so now I speak
Michigan Yooper) Ingle