[Dixielandjazz] Armand Hug and Johnny Wiggs I'm Coming Virginia

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:05:44 PST 2008

Well, I finally got Wiggs (still tonight), and there indeed is 'I'm
Coming Virginia" on their Sounds of NO CDs (It's vol. 2), but I
couldn't play it for comparison ("a general error has occurred"), so
I'll have to search my collection.  Not an easy task, taking its size
into account.

BTW, I assume that Wiggs dropped "Hyman, because it sounded Jewish and
made finding work more difficult.   I saw that bit of "one of the few
Jewish cornet players."  OK, perhaps most played the trumpet, but
there were quite  q few Jewish trumpeters - Max Kaminsky, Mannie
Klein, et.al.
Egards