[Dixielandjazz] The founder of the DJML, Peter Lovric

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 23:30:08 PDT 2008

Hi Listmates...many of you might not be aware of who the visionary was who originally founded this great list. If you open the URL below, I hope it opens to the picture of PETER LOVRIC (we used to refer to him as St. Peter!)
I will humbly admit he has his hand on MY shoulder, but also in the picture are, and I can identify a few;
Bert Barr, Uptown Lowdown
Ken Keeler, Devil Mountain
Don Robertson, #1 Fan, and brilliant contributor to the DJML
Kurt Abell, banjoist
And several others whose names I can't remember, darn it!
I think this picture was taken at the Santa Rosa Jazz Festival shortly before he left us.

http://www.islandnet.com/djml/events.html

The DJML logo, as you might know already, was designed by our late Bill Gunter.

Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, Calif. 95242
Ph 209-747-1148
www.cellblockseven2002.net
"If you must choose between two evils,  choose the one you haven't tried
yet."