[Dixielandjazz] Note From Allan Vache

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 27 10:45:55 PDT 2008

inspection station that we need to do every other year. I had the Titan Hot
Seven's
CD "Linger Awhile" playing while I waited in line.
The procedure is that once inside, you turn the car over to a uniformed
inspector
who runs a bunch of tests on it while you wait in a glass-enclosed booth at
the end
of the inspection line. Partway through the testing, I see the inspector
leave my
car and approach the booth where I am waiting. I thought, "Oh no. There's
something
fatally wrong with the old bus." He pokes his head in the door and says,
"What's
that CD you're playing?" Turns out he's a jazz fan and I told him all about
the Titan
Hot Seven and how I made the drums that Danny Coots played on that CD, etc.
The car also passed inspection. Can't say it's cause and effect, but it
didn't hurt.
Best regards--
Don Robertson

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Note new e-mail address rsr at ringwald.com
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

 "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or
a politician. And to
tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano
player job to be much more honorable than current politicians."  --Harry
Truman