[Dixielandjazz] Darktown Strutter's Ball

ss ss369369 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 13:55:42 PDT 2008

Darktown Strutter's Ball being a song that generated my interest in OKOM I want to post the words that show as being original if you were to look up the Brooks music sheet on the internet.
If anyone would care to browse the original sheets here is a link to them.

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/sheetmusic/n/n07/n0776/n0776-5-72dpi.html

"high brows" was actually "high browns".
Other references within the lyrics to check out also.
At least these are the copyrighted words from the publisher Leo Feist.
It seems to me that Lou Monte (born Louis Scaglione) had some fun with these lyrics also. Worth a listen.
Guys on the street would ad lib words into this tune all the time and it became a bunch of fun.
Scott