[Dixielandjazz] Don Ingle or anyone else!!!!

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Tue Aug 26 11:17:12 PDT 2008

eupher dude wrote:
> I certainly recognize the guy, and the band he was with, but what's his name????
>
> http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29279
>
> steve hoog
>
> PS...it's from Spike Jones...

You must have X-Ray eyes to see this guy's face through all that brass.
It might have also been "Candy" Hall (Russ Hall) who joined the Slicker
for one year, '45-46, which was about the last year that Red was onthe band.
He ended up as an entertainment director and booekr for Harrah's.
But then I scrtc that guess. Going throuigh a few old ics of the band
from dad's time, the dents in the bell of the tuba seem to match those
in Country Washburn's horn, so I would guess that is Joe "Country"
Washburn, with whom dad also spent  1931 to 1941 with in the Ted Weems
band. That was my own first decade of life, so then I got the wonderful
chance to grow up among the most talented, professional, and whacky
players in the world. So much talent assembled for so much fun.
Hope that adds t your confusion.
Don Ingle