[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima - Of possible interest

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri Aug 22 14:54:05 PDT 2008

Fortunately, the Prima legacy was carried on by Prima's Saxophonist Sam
Butera, who toured around the USA until he retired a couple of years ago.
Jasmine record label has reissued loads of Prima, and released several
Butera records.

One of our local guys who plays fine tuba as well as the basses spent ca.
7 years on the road with Sam before Sam retired. Jay Miles.

--Sheik