[Dixielandjazz] Baritone as Trombone

Pam Munter pam at pammunter.com
Sun Aug 17 13:11:11 PDT 2008

Because of a shortage of trombone players here, we enlisted a trumpet
player to play his baritone-as-bone in our Dixieland band, The Bees'
Knees.  Our baritone player liked the bone sound so well, he decided
to invest in a valve trombone, which he began playing with us last
season.  While I liked the sound of the baritone, I do prefer the more
trad sound of the bone.  With the bone and an especially strong bass
player, we let our tuba player retire.  Our current sound is very
balanced now, better than it has ever been.

-Pam Munter