[Dixielandjazz] Baritone as Trombone?

Steven Owen stevendowen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:18:59 PDT 2008

I haven't heard of a Marching Trombone, thats a new one on me, I play
Baritone, right now I'm playing Marching Baritone (which believe me be
glad you don't /have/ to play it because Marching Band practice
certainly requires some Icy-Hot he he) but I'm not sure if you have
tried using a larger mouthpiece such as a Tuba Mouthpiece or a Euphonium
Mouthpiece, one day at practice I got curious and used a Euphonium
mouthpiece and it seem to make it easier to play lower, but I have
gotten where I can play down to to a somewhat low range of a Tuba with
the Marching Baritone, but it took some time so, of course it was partly
because I have to play that low. Just a suggestion. :D

Steven Owen
Villa Rica Marching Wildcats
www.VillaRicaBand.Org

PS. Anyone know a good website, has one, or knows somebody that is
selling a good Marching Baritone let me know. because I'm looking for a
nice one to march with, preferably Nickel plate but, a gold finish is
OK. The one I'm playing is ding and aged so I'm looking to get a nice
one I can own.