[Dixielandjazz] CD to MP3

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 16:49:53 PDT 2008

Lowell Busching wrote: "
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:02:53 -0500
From: Lowell Busching <verbose at daktel.com>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Another converter from LP's and CD's to MP3's
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com

Periodically someone on the DJML asks if there are any "convenient" or
easy ways to transform their collection of LP's or even CD's to MP3
format for use with the more modern players.  Of course the MP3 files
can in turn be turned into Audio CD's using the software that comes with
most computers  via the USB connector on the this unit.

This is all assuming you own the recordings you are converting of
course. No respectable DJML member would think of ripping off the record
companies since some of you either record for them or may even be
"them"!  Unto yourselves be true.

The Minnesota based mail order and Internet company, Heartland America
at  http://www.heartlandamerica.com is offering an all in one unit that
might interest some on DJML. It is item number F9-40982 for about $180
with free shipping in the US from the "free shipping" catalog for
September 08. (Any item over $100) Mention the free shipping from that
catalog if you order. They may not accept it without a customer number.

If they refuse without a customer number, ask them to send you that
catalog if they will not give you a number over the phone.

Phone 1-800-229-2901

This Technosonic (with a name like that it has to be good. Right?) unit
has a built in 3 speed record player, a CD player, and an AF/FM stereo
radio with speakers.  What perhaps makes it unique from other similar
desk top hi fi units with a remote is that it converts the records and
CD's to MP3's at built in ports for memory sticks and SD/MCC memory
cards. A computer is not required for this function it appears. USB
connector to computers and other devices for other purposes.

It does not appear to have its own CD burner. Feed to your computer burner.

If I didn't have similar units already, or had the space for it, I might
try one myself!  Let me know if any of you do. Heartland has a good
return policy within a month so it might be worth the risk!

This is a consumer alert by Mad Dog.  Not paid for by Heartland.

Lowell"

At the link in my signature I have several mp3's I made simply by playing the CD on my computer and synching to mp3 with "Windows Media Player" then uploading to esnips.

Gerald M."Marty" Nichols

http://www.esnips.com/web/JazzTrombone (scroll to FILES then click "listen")

Trust in the LORD and love Him. He may return soon.