[Dixielandjazz] Woody Goodman

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 8 11:19:24 PDT 2008

I am still waiting for Mr. Allen, w., to make his sequel film about the real more latterday Benny Goodman. He might even star in it, though for reasons entirely of style someone else would have to play the clarinet.  The film should probably begin with one of the groups which included accordion.
We could also have the scene of George Chisholm being booked to record with Goodman, and walking away when BG wanted him to do a wacka-doo trombone part.  George remarked that he could live with the disappointment of not having recorded with BG, but not the shame of having obliged the man with cornball corn. Better a blank on his record than a blot.