[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Beatles

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 7 19:37:29 PDT 2008

Not an answer to the question, but one of my most hilarious memories.

In the late 80s a damning bio of, I believe, John Lennon (maybe Geo
Harrison, I can't recall) came out, and Saturday Night Live did what
they do best, by portraying this man's past and what made him so hateful
toward the Beatles.  Seems when they first started, there was a 5th
Beatle.  And there was a scene of the 5 Beatles playing, panning from
left to right, toward the 5th Beatle, and when the camera hit him
(played by the much-missed late Phil Hartman) for his solo, it was the
man who eventually wrote the bio.  And his instrument?  TROMBONE!