[Dixielandjazz] OSHA Regulations regarding musicians occupational hazards

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 08:52:19 PDT 2008

This is a discussion list.  Contributions solicited.  Your comments may be
sent to the list unless otherwise instructed.

To:  Musicians and serious Jazzfans list and DJML list

From:  Norman Vickers, Pensacola

My friend Woody Edwards of Dallas and employee of Texas Instruments ( not
musical instruments but computers and some instruments of mass destruction
and specific targeted destruction -- they make some parts for a
shoot-and-forget-it guided missile)  He's also a damn good fiddle player.

WE were discussion OSHA regulations regarding working musicians.  He sends
this message.  Thought you might enjoy tossing this around.

DJML will take most of your chatter.  I'll forward pertinent comments to the
Musicians & JazzFans list.

Thanks.  Norman

Woody Edwards wrote:

Hey! I forgot to mention the ergonomic regulation which server to address
repetitive motion injuries, such as carpel tunnel syndrome, which may also
apply.

If I have time it would be fun to pull out each category and write up an
interpretation for musicians.

Your group would generate a lot of churn on this one, I bet.   Fun churn,
but churn no less!

Regards,
Woody Edwards
Office: 214/567-9210
Cell:    972/742-1072
Disaster Recovery & Contingency Planning
Texas Instruments Incorporated

  _____