[Dixielandjazz] Tom Sharpsteen

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 5 16:54:23 PDT 2008

Hello List!
Recently Clint Baker put a few videos of his band with
Tom Sharpsteen on YouTube.  Tom was a wonderful guy
and a very interesting Albert System Clarinet player.
If you're interested in hearing him or seeing his
unusual clarinet with the upturned bell, visit:
http://www.youtube.com/clintbakerjazz
I especially like how Tom plays on "Little Liza Jane".
 Come to think of it, I may be prejudiced because I'm
playing on the session... but it was a real kick
seeing it again after all these years and I'm sure
there are other Sharpsteen fans out there that will
enjoy it!  The other musicians in the band are: Hal
Smith on drums, Jim Leigh on trombone, and Mike Fay on
guitar.
Enjoy!
- Katie

http://www.katiecavera.net