[Dixielandjazz] DJs are laughable

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Sun Apr 27 10:52:34 PDT 2008

When you watch one of these DJs work, they look and act as though they
have some part in the creation of the music and perhaps even think of
themselves a musicians.  I think the audience also tends to identify the
DJ as having musical skills since he  controls the sound and picks the
tunes played.  It's a brave new world.  I read where one of the Baldwin
brothers (the one that can't act) was being paid more than 20k per night
to DJ somewhere in France.  When was the last time you brought home 20K
from a gig?