[Dixielandjazz] Humph & Bechet &

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 27 06:40:41 PDT 2008

Sometime not too long ago, Humph reminisced a little
on radio about Bechet,  who commented professionally
and appreciatively about the Lyttelton band, approving
Wally Fawkes etc. but telling Humph, I can't remember
the exact word, he was a little too tense, nervous, a
criticism on which Humph reflected with thoughts of
the terrifying effect Bechet could have on other
people.
Humph did a few years ago identify a musician he said
he wanted to play at his funeral.  I forget the name,
but somewhere there's a washboard virtuoso with a big
gig in England.