[Dixielandjazz] American Musicians Banned In UK?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 05:22:37 PDT 2008

I have read "I Play as I Please" more than once, but it was a long
time ago, so I did not remember.
I had an EP, which I paseed on to a friend upon purchasing the Savoy
"twofer."  While not memorable, those sides are not worse tahn many of
Bechet's French recordings, and better than many (I've got a lot,
perhaps most).  As a Jazz Journal critic remarked once (albeit about
BG), "(Bechet's) mediocre is better than other people's best" (quoting
from memory, but that's the gist of the matter).
Cheers