[Dixielandjazz] American Musicians Banned In UK?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 14:11:17 PDT 2008

BTW, despite john's comment, the recording with Bechet WAS legal.
What was illegal was Bechet's playing with the band at a concert.
Bechet was in the hall, and Humph had the limelights directed on him.
Then came the public demand "Play for us, Sidney," and Bechet obliged.
 It might have been prearranged.
Cheers