[Dixielandjazz] American Musicians Banned In UK?

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Apr 26 11:16:52 PDT 2008

John Petters wrote regarding Humphrey Littleton:

(snip)
He illegally recorded with Bechet (a stupid ban by the
Musician's Union made it illegal for American musicians to perform in
the UK )
(snip)

I also saw this remark in Humph's obit.  I am curious as to what brought
about this ban?  Especially after the Glen Miller band being stationed in
the UK during WWII and being so popular?  Another stupid move on the part of
the musician's union?

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters