[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in San Antonio

Ron Wheeler ronald_wheeler at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 25 09:11:50 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Barb Jordan
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:07
Cc: Dixieland Jazz Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] OKOM in San Antonio

-- snip --

btw: Jim Cullum - "Live from the Riverwalk" can be heard on NPR every
Wednesday night.

-- snip --

That's partly true.  It's 'Riverwalk, Live from the Landing', and you can
get the show when and if your local NPR station decides to air it.  The
program is a production of Public Radio International, a competitor of NPR,
and my local NPR folks get right snooty when I suggest they should carry
Cullum and Co.  Strangely, they're happy as clams to carry Prairie Home
Companion, another PRI product.  Who knew there could be enough of a public
radio market for more than one entity to be fighting for their listenership?

I have to make do by listening to Riverwalk via the on-line streaming
program over the internet.

Ron Wheeler