[Dixielandjazz] Dick Charlesworth RIP

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 22 12:22:04 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,
I'm sorry to report that Dick passed away last week after being
hospitalised since before Christmas.
For those that don't know him, he achieved hit parade success in 60s
with his City Gents. He was a terrific clarinet and sax man and a
wonderful warm and witty human being.
I had the pleasure of doing many gigs with him when he was a member of
my Legends of British Trad show in the early 90s.
I have posted a photo of Dick on my website as well as an MP3 from the
CD of the Legends as a tribute to him. The photo is on my home page, the
MP3 at http://www.traditional-jazz.com/assets/clips/sgb.mp3

Paul Barnes played a track from Chez Chesterman's Hot Stuff! CD in
tribute. Paul also played lots of Lionel Hampton on saturday's show,
which is available until this comingSaturday as a BBC Listen Again
the link is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/norfolk/aod.shtml?norfolk/paul_barnes_norfolk
Keep swinging

--