[Dixielandjazz] A possible NEW money making idea about selling CD's....

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 09:02:25 PDT 2008

Good Morning, Listees...

Here's an idea someone passed on to me and I might just try it...
IF your venue is right (very important) and you have, let's say, 60 or so
recorded songs that you could put on a CD, think about making "custom" CD's
for your customers...

What I'm going to do is place a flyer (on my next ship, in the shops) which
says something like:

Compile your VERY OWN PERSONALIZED CD!!!
Just pick 15 from the 60 songs listed below (the number is up to you, the
seller, of course) and we'll burn them to your own personalized CD!  All the
songs you want and not one you don't want...  Make your selections now and
we'll have it ready before you leave the ship...

This is NOT going to work for everybody, but I think it will definitely
increase sales for those who can do it...  This way you don't lose a sale
because of somebody picking up a CD and saying, "Oh, I like cuts 3 and 4,
but 9, 10 and 14 I'm not crazy about..."  They can't dislike the CD, because
THEY picked the SONGS!!!

How to implement this is up to you, but, fortunately, in my case, I can do
this easily...

Hope this might help,

ALL the VERY Best,
Steve