[Dixielandjazz] Royalties

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Apr 16 12:22:23 PDT 2008

What is the cost of paying royalties on CDs these days?

If you produce 1,000 but can prove you gave 400 away for PR, do you still
have to pay on the full 1,000?

Is anyone selling their recordings on single tune digital format, such as CD
Baby or ITunes without paying the royalties?

In your educated opinion what are the chances of getting caught?

If you do get caught, do you just pay up or is there fines involved?

If anyone wants to answer me off list, please do.  I can assure you that
your reply will be treated confidentially.

Please, no guesses.  I'd like facts.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters