[Dixielandjazz] Two of Bing's Irish songs

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 15 14:34:30 PDT 2008

Dear friends (particularly the Bing Crosby collectors),
In the past some of you have managed to unearth things by 'googling'
that have defied my best efforts.
In the 1950s Bing Crosby recorded some Irish songs which, when added to
some of his earlier Irish song 78s, were issued on a 12" LP by Decca.
Items from it, with additions, surfaced a few years back on CD.
A friend of mine needs the composer credit for two of these Irish songs:
"Rosaleen"
Recorded in 1952 by Bing with The Kings Men, Perry Bodkin String Band.
"Tobermorey Bay" (the spelling used on the Bing version) which I
suspect may have a Scottish origin.
Recorded by Bing in 1954 with the John Scott Trotter Orchestra.
Any help that can be provided would certainly be appreciated.
But please, don't waste too many hours on this - as I did.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.