[Dixielandjazz] FW: Music stand screens

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Apr 15 11:08:15 PDT 2008

Al wrote: [maybe I missed something]
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Harry Connick.
He's been using electronic music stands
for many years.

'twas I, Al, that mentioned having seen them on a tv show.  What really
caught my eye was that this was a large orchestra, and no one was doing
anything about what was on their screen.  The director certainly wasn't
using a foot switch to turn the pages.  Since this was music synced with a
fancy film & light show, I gather the page turns were synced up with
everything else, and were happening automatically.  If so, that's the good
part!  Freeing everyone from worry about all those pages.

Jim Kash