[Dixielandjazz] Three Rivers and Funny Incident

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Apr 14 19:11:30 PDT 2008

Just returned from playing the Three Rivers JazzAfair Festival.  One of the
better ones.  Had a great time.  Really well organized with wonderful people
in charge.  They really know how to treat musicians and make us feel
welcome.

>From time to time the subject of funny things that happen to musicians on
gigs, comes up.

A very funny thing happened at one of our sets at the Veteran's Memorial
Building.  We, the Fulton Street Jazz Band, were on stage.  I was playing
piano and singing.

A lady came up to my wife who was selling CDs and said, "Is Bob Ringwald
dead?"

My wife said "No, he is singing."

The lady looked around and said, "Where?"

You had to be there...

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters