[Dixielandjazz] Music stand screens

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 14 14:24:27 PDT 2008

Andy Ling commented about my having seen music stand screens on the War of
the Worlds concert tv show.  Everyone had their individual stand with a
screen sitting on it.  No one during the whole concert touched the screens,
so they must have been projecting the proper musical page in sync with the
video sync.  That wouldn't be hard to do in itself, as in a concert of that
type everything would be synced together.  Even Pink Floyd used to have
their music synced with multitrack recorders & their light show & special
effects, so none of the syncing bit is new.  All you need is SMPTE code & a
router.  What is new is seeing the music screens, which I thought were still
awhile off in the future.

Jim