[Dixielandjazz] Young At Heart

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 11 15:36:19 PDT 2008

Steven Holzer wrote [in part]:
> ........ there is a speakeasy scene where an unseen trumpet player
> gets some nice solo space and a black lady cabaret singer gets screen
> time singing a standard Gershwin tune (I forget which one - maybe The
> Man I Love).

Dear Steve,
Some searching confirmed your recall.
The song was "The Man I Love".
However, further 'googling' failed to reveal any other musical details.
(Not even on IMDB.)
A thing we have come to live with from film credits down the ages.
Film producers list the star's podiatist, but rarely, if ever, the
names of the musicians/bands who contributed to the sound track.
[Woody Allen is a notable exception. But then, he loves, and carefully
selects, his music.]
"Leatherheads" is not due in Oz until 29 May 2008 but as the subject
matter is of little interest to the average Australian, and
notwithstanding the presence of the popular George Clooney, I expect
the film to last no more than two weeks on the big screens here. If
that. We'll then wait two years for it to appear on cable.
Kind regards,
Bill.