[Dixielandjazz] Movie "It's TRAD, DAD"

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 00:24:29 PDT 2008

Charlie,

  This film was mentioned a few months ago on this very list.  I watched it-- didn't expect much at the time, but was pleasantly surprised.  It was fairly entertaining.  Didn't record it, but wished I would have...

  Kay in Gilroy

   Charlie Coleman <charliew8fim at verizon.net> wrote:
  Hi Listees, FYI there will be a movie on Turner Classic Movies next Tuesday April 8th at 4:45 pm EDST here in USA. "It's TRAD DAD" Released in 1961 and has Acker Bilk in the cast. Assume it was about the Trad revival in England about that time. Does anyone remember it and is it worth watching. I am going to set my VCR to catch it in any event. If this is an English film, I hope the do better than Hollywood with a jazz oriented movie.
Regards, Charlie Coleman