[Dixielandjazz] New Jazz Venue - Brisbane, Australia

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 7 20:16:02 PDT 2008

I always think it is exciting when your band tries out a new venue and it is a success - so far anyway!

So, if you happen to be in South East Queensland, Australia, the new gig for the Southern Bay Stompers is at The Glen Hotel, Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane. Every Sunday from 1pm to 5pm with a free sausage sizzle - mustn't forget that.

It is many years since they had jazz bands at the Glen Hotel and I must admit than in the old days it was a pretty rough pub. These days, the hotel has extended, renovated, and moved up-market to cater for a much more sophisticated clientele. So sophisticated that jazz is back on the menu!

The Southern Bay Stompers are a seven-piece band, definitely OKOM and are sounding very Condonish these days. We are attracting a mixed age group at the hotel and even have some people travelling up from the Gold Coast to hear us - 'On ya Lasz! This was probably due to the fact we are using the 94.1 Jazz Radio Limited Gig Guide -

http://www.941fm.com.au/GIG%20GUIDE%20GOLD%20COAST.htm

We even had some folks out there jiving last week!

Death to the deadly duos! Get out there and promote your band in some new (revisited maybe) venues. Kudos to all the people on this list who recommend exactly that course of action!

Best,

Grah

Graham Martin - The Southern Bay Stompers
REDLAND BAY
Queensland, AUSTRALIA

E-mail: grahmartin at bigpond.com