[Dixielandjazz] US Embassy Award to Young American Jazz Virtuoso

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 02:38:33 PDT 2008

We were there and saw the whole thing... where were all of you ? :-)

It's a great festival and the international visitors (British, Dutch, Swiss,
French and US) are given a brilliant  time with trips laid on , even a boat
on the Danube with lovely food and a top band (this year it was Budapest's
Hot Jazz Band who we first saw at Sacto some years ago)  Tony and I are in
the process of doing a write-up for "Just Jazz" magazine.... if anyone would
like a copy, email me off list and we'll send it to you as a Word
attachment.

It was a great pleasure to meet Jonathon and his family, I have to admit we
didn't believe what people were saying about him (well we are British:-) )
but he is extraordinary.  He even managed to exchange fours with one of the
festival sponsors on gut bucket without blinking !! We've been without
broadband for a few days but now the line's fixed Tony can put some of the
photos on his website, I'm sure Jonathon will particularly treasure the gut
bucket one:-)

Jude
Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection