[Dixielandjazz] SAVE THE DATES - Swing Dances With Barbone Street Jazz Band

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 07:38:29 PDT 2008

Fans/Friends/Clients/Swing Dancers

Three neat swing dances coming up, one a month, with the Barbone
Street Jazz Band. Great venues, Friendly people and a band that swings
mightily. Contact info below, or contact me.

1)    Swing Dance at the High Street Ballroom, 310 E. High, Pottstown
PA (A Swing Kat Production)

	April 19 (Sat) BSJB from 9 PM to Midnight - Lessons from 8 PM to 9 PM
(Paul Salter instructs)

        Historic Venue from the mid 1920s. GREAT FLOOR

        One of the friendliest groups around. Last time we had about
250 ages from 16 to 85.

        Fox trotters welcome. The swingers leave a path around the
perimeter for you

        INFO:   www.myspace.com/swingkat   or  www.swingkat.com  or
email faryl at swingkat.com

2)     Swing Dance at The Central Delaware Jazz, Blues and BBQ
Festival, Felton Delaware

	 May 10 (Sat) BSJB from 2 to 4 PM in the Dance Tent. Lessons from 1
to 2 PM Clarence
	 Spady follows BSJB from 4 to 5 and offers some funky dance music so
stick around.

	 Lesson instructors are Paul Salter & Lindsay Simone (it doesn't get
better than that)

	 Killen's Pond State Park Delaware  Entrance off Rt 13 about 11 miles
south of Dover.

	 Festival runs from 11:30 AM till 8:00 PM. Fun for all ages, Kids
welcome.

	 EVENT FEATURES TOP BANDS - TOP ARTISANS - EXCELLENT FOOD

	 Venue is grassy knolls, multiple tents, TOP bands, TOP artisans,
EXCELLENT food.

	 Live nearby, or making a weekend out of it? Opening party Friday
night at Dover Downs Hotel
	 Mother's Day Gospel/Jazz Brunch Sunday at Dover Sheraton Hotel.

         INFO:  www.dejazzbluesfest.com/   or call 302-672-7022

3)     Swing Dance on Gay Street in West Chester PA - (Swinging
Thursdays Outside)

         June 6 (Thu) from 6:30 to 9:30 PM.  4 blocks of Gay Street
will be closed to vehicles.

         Two Bands, BSJB at one end and Melissa Martin's Mighty Rhythm
Kings at the other.

	 Dancers welcomed by the borough of West Chester - Child friendly.

	 In the restaurant/shop area of Gay Street. Indoor/Outdoor cafes
operating etc.

	 This is like an old-fashioned block party, only larger.

         INFO: email me: barbonestreet at earthlink.net

Barbone Street has lots of gigs coming up Spring and Summer. For the
latest schedule see:
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband  Swing dancers are welcome at
most gigs. If you spot a venue you like, let me know and I'll make
sure you are welcomed.

Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband