[Dixielandjazz] Jacquet

ballen ballen at deltapathology.com
Wed Apr 2 09:23:09 PDT 2008

We have a town in Sabine Parish (Louisiana) called Many, pronounced Man -
ee.

And of course, Natchitoches (home of Steel Magnolias) pronounced
Nack-i-tosh, although it looks like nearby Nacogdoches, Tx, pronounced
Nak-uh-DOSH-is

And the town of Zwolle, same name as the town in the Netherlands, is
populated by a mix of Indian and Spanish hailing back to the Conquistadors.
Not a Hollandisch resident in sight!