[Dixielandjazz] New "free" legit download site contains OKOM!

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Sep 29 11:54:18 PDT 2007

     Also, the site works only if you use a computer running Windows
(i discovered that after i tried and failed to get it to work).

     Dan
---------------
"What are SpiralFrog's minimum system requirements?
     To download songs at the SpiralFrog Web site, you will need to be
using a computer platform that runs either Windows XP or Windows
Vista.
     You will also need to have Windows Media Player Version 10 or 11
installed on your computer. To download Windows Media Payer Version
11 free from Microsoft, click here.
     During the installation process for the Download Manager, we will
check your computer to make sure you have what's required to download
songs from SpiralFrog and suggest any additional software that you
may need to install.

What browser should I be using?
     The SpiralFrog Web site works well with the following browsers:
Internet Explorer Versions 6 and 7, and Firefox Versions 1.5 and 2.0.

Do I have to install anything on my computer?
     As part of the registration process, you'll be invited to install
the Download Manager. This small software application - less than 2MB
- allows you to transfer songs and videos from SpiralFrog to your
computer.
     To get technical, the Download Manager application is implemented
as a Microsoft .Net application, and thus relies on the presence of
the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 or later to be on your computer.
This comes bundled with Windows Vista and is preinstalled on most
modern computers running Windows XP. However, should your computer
for some reason not have .Net Framework, the set-up program for the
SpiralFrog Download Manager will install .Net Framework 1.1 for you.
(You don't need to know if the .Net Framework is there or not as the
set-up program will check this automatically.)"

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**             "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
**                     -- St. Augustine (354-430)