[Dixielandjazz] "Favorite Players" lists

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Wed Sep 26 07:25:30 PDT 2007

Are any organizations still doing those "favorite musician" lists for
individual instruments?  I remember reading one in either "The American
Rag", or a "Jazzology"  brochure years ago.  Are those kind of surveys
still around?

I'm curious as to who the musicians are that are playing OKOM that are
regarded by listeners as being on a "top 10" list, for individual
instruments - - -

I know that these lists really don't mean that much, because there's
always someone who is left out.  Perhaps 40 deserve equal recognition,
but I'm just wondering, for the sheer sake of wondering.

B. Sharp,
Axxidentals Jazz Band