[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Miller

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Tue Sep 25 17:38:30 PDT 2007

Gee whiz -- Eddie Miller was on the list in my email to Paul Edgerton on the 23rd.     He should have been on the original tenor sax list.

Incidentally, he started out as a clarinetist and recorded at least two clarinet solos with Bob Crosby.     He told me he hated to play the solo on South Rampart Street Parade because Bob Haggart had written the solo and he was required to play it exactly the same each time the band played it.    I told him I had copied it note for note and he thought that was funny.

Bob