[Dixielandjazz] List of Tenor Sax Players

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:58:03 PDT 2007

"Why spend it with blinders on?"
Exactly my point!  I have had the misfortune to hear it all - but then
I took the blinders off, and said: "I'm not deaf - I don't need to
pretend and to suffer!"

"Mirrorred what was going on at that time" - just like Mr. Toohey's
poetry circle mirrorred theirs!  (Mr. Toohey is the anti-thesis of the
hero in The Fountainhead).

So, I decided to listen only to music taht brings me pleasure, and I
don't mind being called a mouldy fygge; actually, I rather like it, as
it indicates integrity.

OK, I'm not "strictly from Dixie," I have heard Diz and Jo Faddis and
Clark Terry, but I have paid my dues, with interest, and I hope not to
hear Miles or Ornette or Schepp or Sun Ra eve again!
Cheers