[Dixielandjazz] List of Tenor Sax Players

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Sep 25 12:02:13 PDT 2007

Marek,

It's music of a different kind. Music by musicians who dared to
think outside of the box and were even more brave to put their
thoughts into action. I agree that life is too short so why
spend it with blinders on?

The late 1950s and 1960s was a time of social change. It was a
time of challenging the norms and the creation of a new culture.
Albert Ayler, John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman and Pharoah Sanders
all created music that mirrored what was going on at that time.

Mike