[Dixielandjazz] Ornette Coleman (was Tenor Sax List)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 24 15:48:12 PDT 2007

Steve Barbone wrote [in part]: ...........but do know that Ornette
Coleman did indeed play tenor as well as alto.......He went back to
Tenor on occasion, recording on Tenor in 1961 for Atlantic records (I
think it was Atlantic, memory is suspect).

Good memory Steve,
Not MKOM but I believe that that would have been the Atlantic LP album
called 'Ornette on Tenor' with  Don Cherry, pocket cornet; Ornette
Coleman, ts; Jimmy Garrison, b; Ed Blackwell, d).
Recorded in New York on 27th March 1961.
Atlantic reissued it on a now out-of-print CD.
Kind regards,
Bill ( who hopes his OKOM reputation has not been tarnished in anyway).