[Dixielandjazz] Bechet on clarinet

Paul Edgerton paul.edgerton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:13:58 PDT 2007

I'm just being a smartass, Bill. In fact, I wrote that little
description cribbing from the encyclopedia my head (without any
reference to Google) so if your description varies from mine -- well
we must have different editions of the encyclopedia.

In my defense, I would point out there are two (!) guys in my area
that not only play the damned thing, but actually own one. I'm trying
to think of something clever to using the definition of the word
"gentleman."

You're  right about the Sheik recording, it's definitely tenor sax. He
must have recorded the tenor before the other horns because the
quality is much worse than, say, the soprano track.

Of course I believe everything Bill Haesler says.  :-)

-- Paul