[Dixielandjazz] Bechet on clarinet

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:40:32 PDT 2007

Gee, I love the vibrato!  That big, living, vibrating tone, which
makes the clarinet sound almost like a string instrument.  To my ears,
that's what sets the jazz clarinet apart from the classical one.
Perhaps one of the reasons I don't like Buddy ce Franco and Tom Scott
very much.
I wouldn't know about the Minney Mouse vibrato - I don't listen to folk music.
Cheers