[Dixielandjazz] Bilk in Poland.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:28:55 PDT 2007

Dear Glen, Bill,
1958 - certainly not!  By then I was already in Israel, having left
Poland in March 1957!
Whule the band we heard was called "Paramount Jazz Band," the media
emphasised that Bilk was an avocational musician.
Gerard Bielderman's Bilk Discography lists some '55 and '55 recordings
as "Acker Bilk and His Paramount Jazz Band" (as it was labeleed in
Poland), while recordings made in 1957 are alredy labelled "Mr. Acker
Bilk..."
Cheers