[Dixielandjazz] Sound man sounding off 2

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 16:54:52 PDT 2007

The concept of "sticking to the schedule" is a matter for the festival
director to instill in the staff of a festival as well as the performers. In
the Hangover Club venue at the Sweet 'n' Hot festival, all the leaders are
aware of the schedule and generally have little problem with that concept.
There are, of course, occasions in which the demands of the schedule must be
enforced.

At the Hangover, the leaders know that the sound guys keep track of time and
will look to us to provide the amount of time left in their set.

On the other hand, it usually doesn't take us more than 5 or 10 minutes to
tear-down and setup. The trick is to plan the setup for the next group in
advance. Lowell taught me that trick.

Stan
Stan Brager