[Dixielandjazz] Time Schedules

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 13 16:55:10 PDT 2007

Hello Kay:

Our contracts always specify a specific start time and a specific ending
time. If we have to start late due to such a problem as Larry had, or by
other circumstance not our fault, we will still usually end at the
contracted time. Depends upon the customer, the problem in starting late
etc., but as I see it, the start and end times are there because like Larry,
many times we have to make another gig and have no room to be flexible.

Gig today was like that. We started 15 minutes late because a prior slide
show program was started late by the client. Our contracted time was 3:30 to
5:30 PM. We actually started at 3:45, but still ended at 5:30.

The contracted fee was paid in full by the client. The client fully
understood that we are selling our time as well as our music and we were
there prepared to play at 3:30.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone