[Dixielandjazz] West End Blues pno

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Thu Sep 13 08:30:25 PDT 2007

> I'd like to know - and maybe Bill Haesler can enlighten us - who the
> piano player was.  He does a pretty good job of re-creating the original
> Earl Hines solo.

Tony, and others,

This is an easy one. Luis Russell was the man.

For just about anything you want to know about Oliver and his recordings an
invaluable source of information is " "KING" OLIVER" by Laurie Wright,
published by Storyville Press. It is possibly out of print now but is well
worth chasing down if you want to know more about Joe than most books will
tell you.

Cheers, Glen Page.