[Dixielandjazz] Clip on the Tuba

Rob Wright rwright at siatucson.com
Wed Sep 12 13:35:57 PDT 2007

Larry,

The clip Kelly Thomas uses is made for the tuba and does not damage the
instrument.  He is a classically trained player/professor at U of A and his
tuba is also very valuable.  I'm sure he also would be opposed to duct tape!
I would not use it on my banjo either for that matter.  I use it for cords
and hecklers!  Rob

One of the guys just spent $5000 on a tuba and he isn't about to clip or
tape anything to it.  Any other suggestions?  My regular guy's tuba looks
like a car ran over the bell and he used the tire iron to straighten it out.
Larry
StL